Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The happiest place on earth
























During the first week of June we went with Casey's entire family to California. There were about 37 people in our group and it was so much fun! All of his aunts and uncles and most of his cousins were there. The first night we all went to the beach and had a bonfire and roasted hot dogs, it was pretty cold. Caselyn had blast building sand castles with her cousins that she doesn't get to play with very often. Then we went into disneyland and she loved it. I was so surprised at how excited she got. Her favorite ride was the teacups. She wanted to ride everything. She was so upset when she could not go on the screamin over california roller coaster. She was crying and said "I am big enough, I already measured" I don't know were she got that from cause I hate roller coasters! The whole week Casey's brothers(Cory mostly) were trying to get me to go on Screamin, and finally the last night we had in the park Casey and all his brotheres dragged me on it. i was terrified and had my eyes squeezed shut the whole time, so I didn't see anything, but i think I liked it. That was a huge acomplishment for me. It was a little difficult with McKoy cause there was only a couple rides we could take him on. He really liked pirates of the caribean though, his eyes were opened so big like he was trying to look at everyhting all at once. We had to take turn going on rides because someone always needed to stay off to watch Koy. He attracted so many people it was hard to get anywhere because they would stop and talk to him and gush over his smile and his dimples. We also went to Knottsberry Farm, which was fun but very crowded. There was a school district field trip and the park was filled with Jr. high students. And it was way dirty compared to Disneyland. On thursday night we went to a Dodgers vs. Cubs game. It was awesome even though the dodgers lost. We got some really cute pics of the kids with the field behind them. It was so great to be able to spend a whole relaxing week with family, but it was ended to early and we all had to come back to our jobs and reality. Caselyn will still ask me if we can go back to california so that she can swim in the pool and be a mermaid.

No comments: